Para Site seeks Curatorial Assistant/Project Coordinator
1月 16, 2018
Para Site is now hiring a full-time Curatorial Assistant/Project Coordinator.
Para Site is Hong Kong's leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. The programme includes exhibitions, publications, seminars, a residency programme, and conferences. Join an ambitious team to develop with a growing non-profit art space.
- Assist the Executive Director/Curator in executing the ongoing projects at Para Site and providing support in production coordination, planning, and execution.
- Provide logistical and administrative support in coordinating exhibitions, including traveling exhibitions.
- Work with artists, galleries, and colleagues to facilitate loans.
- Assist with the maintenance of accurate exhibition checklists, image files, lenders, and other exhibition details.
- Compile information for labels and text panels, brochures, website, and communications materials as appropriate.
- Obtain permissions and copyright clearance for images and maintains accurate credit lines.
- Assist with photo documentation of exhibitions and individual works.
- Assist with managing exhibition and project budgets.
- Arrange accommodation, travel, and per diems for visiting artists, curators, collaborators, etc.
- Maintain files and correspondence as well as archiving past exhibition files
- Participate in, and assists with, freelance staff and intern training, as required.
- Work together with other members of the team to assist with PR and communication processes, both online (social media) and offline; public programmes; fundraising, grants and sponsorship.
- Carrying out supportive research.
Working hours: Full time, some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Cantonese and English is essential.
- Experience working in related positions in the field of contemporary art.
- Personal interest in contemporary artistic practices and debates.
- Creative, proactive, self-motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and SketchUp is not essential but would be an asset.
Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary and available date via email to email@example.com by 12:00 PM (HKT), Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Submissions must be made in English.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)