Para Site seeks Project Manager/Assistant Curator
Jan 16, 2018
Para Site is now hiring a full-time Project Manager/Assistant Curator.
Para Site is Hong Kong's leading contemporary art space and one of the oldest and most active independent art centres in Asia. The programme includes exhibitions, publications, seminars, a residency programme, and conferences. Join an ambitious team to develop with a growing non-profit art space.
- Assist the Executive Director/Curator in executing the ongoing projects at Para Site and providing primary support in production coordination, planning and execution.
- Monitor and maintain budgets for specific exhibitions and publications. This includes obtaining estimates and processing invoices.
- Research, write, and copy-edit texts; obtain images and copyright permissions for use in publications and communication materials, including website
- Research loans and prepare loan documentation, administer loan requests and ensure loan conditions are fulfilled.
- Compile condition and packing reports, keeping records of movement and conditions of works and liaise with conservators and couriers when necessary.
- Organise exhibition related transport and insurance, which includes updating checklists, obtaining estimates of costs, and monitoring customs documentation, liaising with shippers and the exhibition curator.
- Oversee the administration and transport arrangements for touring exhibitions.
- Manage trainees, interns, and other freelance employees.
- Work together with other members of the team to assist with PR and communication processes, both online (social media) and offline; public programmes; fundraising, grants and sponsorship.
- Carrying out supportive research.
Working hours: Full time, some evenings and weekends as necessary.
- High proficiency in spoken and written Cantonese and English is essential.
- Minimum of three years experience working in arts administration.
- Project management experience, including anticipating, planning, and executing projects from start to finish.
- Creative, proactive, self-motivated, and strong organizational skills.
- Highly developed writing and copy editing skills.
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and good problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of contemporary artistic practices and debates.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Interested parties please send full resume with expected salary and available date via email to email@example.com by 12:00 PM (HKT), Tuesday, January 16, 2018. Submissions must be made in English.
(Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only)