OPEN CALL FOR EXHIBITION PROPOSALS FROM EMERGING CURATORS
Dec 15, 2017 – Jan 15, 2018
Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
Exhibition Period: June - September, 2018 at Para Site
Para Site is pleased to announce the fourth edition of our summer exhibition series curated by an emerging curator. This fourth edition follows on from the successes of Imagine there’s no country, Above us only our cities curated by Jims Lam Chi Hang in 2015; That Has Been, and May Be Again curated by Leo Li Chen and Wu Mo in 2016; and In Search of Miss Ruthless curated by Hera Chan and David Xu Borgonjon in 2017. We are now organising an open call for proposals by curators at an early stage in their professional careers to curate an exhibition which will be shown at Para Site in the summer of 2018. This platform is devised to provide the opportunity for an emerging curator to develop one of their first major projects benefiting from all the resources, support, guidance, and infrastructure made available for other Para Site exhibitions.
This project is open to curators irrespective of their residence, but the selected exhibition will have a meaningful connection with Hong Kong and its audiences.
1) A proposal (maximum 1 page) for a curatorial project, which includes the concept and a preliminary list of artists considered for Para Site.
- For an exhibition space that is approximately 2,500 square feet.
- Concrete details outlining how the curatorial vision will appear in the space are welcome.
- Succinct and compelling formulations of the curatorial vision, its relevance in today’s artistic landscape, and its connection to our audiences are encouraged.
2) Curriculum Vitae, with an extensive description of relevant working experience.
All applications must be submitted in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the same address for requesting Para Site’s floor plan or for other questions.
The exhibition is allocated the standard Para Site exhibition budget, including artwork production costs, guest curator’s fee, and artist fees.
Founded in 1996, Para Site is Hong Kong's leading contemporary art centre and one of the oldest and most active independent art institutions in Asia. It produces exhibitions, publications, discursive, and educational projects aimed at forging a critical understanding of local and international phenomena in art and society.
Para Site Art Space is financially supported by the Art Development Matching Grants Pilot Scheme of the Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region.